Healthy snacks eluding you? Look no further! With simple ingredients, only 15 minutes prep time, and minimal clean up, these oat bars make an easy and delicious, fiber rich snack you can take with you the whole week round. Aside the honey, the sugars in these bars come from whole foods like bananas and cranberries, and with the pinch of salt, will satisfy sweet and salty cravings in the very best, healthiest way. Just remember to let them cool before you indulge in the goodness!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×12 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana. Add the remaining ingredients oats, peanut butter, cranberries, honey, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Press the dough on the bottom of the pan so it is about ¼” thick.
4. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until it has dried enough to not be so sticky and has a little golden color around the edges. The dough will firm as it cools.
5. Remove from the oven. Cut into 12 bars. Leave to cool completely in the dish. When firm remove from the dish and store in an airtight tin.
Emily LLoyd, Drexel Food Lab
Ann's Tips and Tricks
1 bar = 1 serving so a little goes a long way. Eat all sweet foods in moderation!
You can incorporate different nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans) to add to the bars texture.