As pizzas go, this Personal Portobello Pesto Pizza doesn’t get much healthier than this. Herbs, mushrooms, olive oil, and cheese make for an incredibly balanced meal that is just as tasty as it is nutritious. Sprinkle some oregano on top to add another dimension of health benefits and flavor!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. On an aluminum foiled wrapped sheet tray, place the mushrooms stem side up. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto each mushroom. Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until soft.
3. Take the mushrooms out of the oven and divide the pesto and spread onto each mushroom cap. Top with small dollops of ricotta. Return the tray to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Alex De Los Reyes, Drexel Food Lab
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned, stems and gills removed
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pesto
- 3/4 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- Salt, to taste