A thick, roasted cauliflower steak makes an easy, healthy delicious dinner or side anytime, but paired with this wonderful sweet ‘n sour sweet potato mustard, it takes on a new dimension. It tastes completely out of this world. Whether you are still in treatment, or working towards a healthy cancer survivorship, there has rarely been a better way to get this cruciferous superstar onto your plate and into your 5-a-day. Better yet, if you have leftover roasted sweet potatoes, use them to whip up this great sauce. Try it!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the sweet potatoes on one prepared cookie sheet. Drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and roast for about 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Place the cauliflower steaks on other prepared pan. Drizzle with two tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place cauliflower in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, rotating halfway through the cooking time until tender and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, bring apple cider vinegar to a boil. Add yellow mustard seeds, brown sugar, paprika, salt, allspice, and cayenne. Simmer for 30 minutes, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour contents of saucepan into a blender and add roasted sweet potato pieces. Blend until smooth, adding water as needed to reach desired thickness.
- Remove cauliflower steaks from oven. Serve cauliflower topped with sweet potato mustard.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 head cauliflower, cut vertically into steaks
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup whole yellow mustard seeds
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¾ cup water
- salt and black pepper, to taste