I love roasted Fall veggies in all their forms! These yummy fall veggie vegan tacos are stuffed with sweetly roasted, deliciously caramelized cauliflower and butternut squash on top of creamy avocado. Tangy, aromatic cilantro, plus a squeeze of lime complete this undeniable taste sensation!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper place butternut squash and cauliflower. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a dry sauté pan over medium low heat, place one tortilla at a time in the pan to heat through. Keep warm in foil at the back of the stove.
- Assemble tacos by placing a piece of avocado on each warm tortilla and smashing it onto bottom of the tortilla with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Top the avocado with roasted vegetables and cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
- 1 small butternut squash, diced into ½” cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 12 slices
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedges
Ann's Tips and Tricks
These tacos are a great way to repurpose leftover roasted vegetables for a quick lunch. Quickly heat them up in a sauté pan then assemble tacos as per recipe.
If you are on a neutropenic diet, blanch the cilantro stems then dry in paper towels. Chop and sprinkle on the veggies.