Goat cheese is one of my favorite types of cheese, especially when it is served warm. The mixture of parmesan cheese with goat cheese adds a new intensity of flavor that is out of this world. And the tomato and balsamic vinegar topping’s light sweetness pairs wonderfully with the goat cheese. I highly recommend this recipe when serving cheese at a party, it is a sure crowd pleaser!
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a 9” casserole dish, use 1 tablespoon oil to grease dish and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the remaining olive oil, goat cheese, parmesan cheese, milk, and salt and pepper until combined and smooth.
- Pour the cheese into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese starts to bubble and is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve on top of the cheese with whole wheat crackers.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped