Goat cheese is one of my favorite types of cheese, especially when it is served warm. The mixture of parmesan cheese with goat cheese adds a new intensity of flavor that is out of this world. And the tomato and balsamic vinegar topping’s light sweetness pairs wonderfully with the goat cheese. I highly recommend this recipe when serving cheese at a party, it is a sure crowd pleaser!
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a 9” casserole dish, use 1 tablespoon oil to grease dish and set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the remaining olive oil, goat cheese, parmesan cheese, milk, and salt and pepper until combined and smooth.
3. Pour the cheese into the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese starts to bubble and is golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve on top of the cheese with whole wheat crackers.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped