This butter is easy to make and is great with pancakes, scones, popovers and even toast! It’s a good way to add sweetness without using too much sugar.You can use any fruit, though strawberry is the classic. Beware of using dark fruits like blueberries as they will turn your butter, well, blue!
- Cream the butter and the jam together in a bowl until well blended. Fold in the chopped fresh strawberries if using.
- Pile the butter mixture onto a small sheet of wax paper and shape it into a roll. Put into the fridge to chill and harden. Cut into slices to serve.
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons of “All-fruit” strawberry spread
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh strawberries (optional)
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you don’t want to make the butter into a roll, just fill small ramekins with it, smooth the top, and chill before serving.