This Healthier Buffalo Chicken dip is perfect for the Super Bowl or any other big game or celebration. You’ll find that even though this Buffalo Chicken Dip tastes indulgent, it’s actually very healthy. Butternut squash puree gives a perfect creamy texture, while chicken meat, blue cheese, and your favorite hot pepper sauce like Frank’s Red Hot or Tabasco complete it. This dip was specifically created for those game day cravings with healthy ingredients that won’t pack on the calories like traditional snacks.
1.Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a small casserole dish with non-stick spray.
2. Mix all ingredients to combine.
3. Bake until heated through and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
4. Serve with carrot and celery sticks or whole-wheat pita chips
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- ¼ cup hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Ann's Tips and Tricks
The type of hot pepper sauce you use will drastically change the taste of this dish. For a traditional “buffalo” flavor go for the Frank’s Red Hot, but don’t be afraid to try a local hot sauce or even making your own for a unique dish!